New Web Browser

Jon Hylands Jon at huv.com
Fri Jun 30 13:26:13 UTC 2000

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000 01:41:14 -0700, Alan Kay <Alan.Kay at disney.com> wrote:

> I believe that it has been possible to embed morphs into text morphs
> for some time now. I have used both of the below:

Okay, thanks for the examples Alan... That's going to make my life a lot
simpler.

I did a bunch of work on it last night, and ported the parser and the
layout engine. I now have web pages displaying on the Display in 2.7,
although not using Morphs for layout yet. The layout engine has remained
static for the past two years, and the web has not, so there are definitely
some problems that need to get fixed.

I'm going to spend some serious time this weekend working on this (moving
the layout elements into Morphic), and hopefully will have something in a
decent state by the end of the long weekend to release. No promises of
course, but I'll do my best.

I'm also planning on porting PIC/Smalltalk into Squeak (tonight), which
should be fairly simple, and releasing it.

Later,
Jon

           http://www.huv.com