EdIt -- [Was: Proposal4: Show := on fileout / pretty print]

Pennell, David DPennell at quallaby.com
Mon Jun 5 02:27:44 UTC 2000

> - 6/4/00 8:17:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Lists at TassieMade.com.au =>
> << It was a _fantastic_ piece of software. >> Re EdIt.
>
> It _was_. Bob Arning turned me on to it. I (along with many
> others) did not
> take prettyPrinting very seriously. I have not discussed EdIt
> with anyone who
> was not equally impressed.
>
> Can we somehow resurrect this? I'm not quite sure I quite
> understood its
> final death song in the prior postings.

I would love to see it resurrected.  I dug out my original
distribution late last year to refresh my memory on the
capabilities.  I spend a moderate amount of time trying to
find Coopers & Peters (the authors of EdIt) and IIRC, I
found a reference that they had been swallowed by MS.

Does anybody on the list know how to reach them?  Perhaps
they would be willing to place the code under an open
license.

-david