www.squeakworld.com!

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jun 7 17:32:55 UTC 2000

Henrik Gedenryd <Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se> wrote:
> I already can't find things very well. There's squeak.org, minnow, and some
> people have their own sites set up, like Torge I believe it is. Then,
> several people put their updates off the swiki. And there are a number of
> different ftp sites, eg. one with updates and another with images, vms and
> such. And then there's SQFIXES.

For what it's worth, I just spent a couple of minutes cleaning up the
"Squeak Sites" page on the Swiki.  Msotly, I moved project links to the
"All Projects" page, and I removed a fair bit of side commentary.  It's
still not great, but I'm not sure exactly how this thing should look,
and what exactly its purpose is.  For instance, if you are looking for something
specific like bug fixes, there are already other pages on the wiki that
you can look through.

Anyway, I agree that people should think carefully before creating yet
another Squeak site.  Does what they want to post, fit into one of the
existing sites?  In most cases, there is a way to use thewiki for it.
For example, we could certainly have a "News" page where people post
articles about interesting Squeak events.  The advantage is that any Joe
Schmoe can start up something interesting on the Wiki, but the
disadvantage is that it might prove limitting.

Anyway, there is certainly no site for Squeak news and interesting articles.
No matter how it ends up being implemented, it would be great to have
such a site.

-Lex