Cheap updates

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at IT-IQ.com
Wed Jun 7 07:45:46 UTC 2000

> From: Richard A. O'Keefe [mailto:ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz]
> If someone wanted to argue that a ChangeSet should identify
> which earlier
> ChangeSets it depends on, they'd have me seconding the motion.

Thirded.  It's one of the good features about the RedHat Package Mangler;
it's got an explicit dependency mechanism.

However, this would mean that we would need a canonical way of identifying a
particular change set.  The name doesn't work; it will be different on the
author's, SqC internal, and SqC external updates.  Should we go all modern
and give each change set a GUID as it is first filed out that is preserved
in some way?

		- Peter