Functional Squeak

Ranjan Bagchi ranjan_bagchi at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 3 19:15:00 UTC 2000

Wow -- I think this is really cool.  Functional's such
a big step in terms of "Letting the computer do the
hard stuff" as opposed to even OO where it's at least
possible to know what code can mean in terms of what
the processor's doing (I'm lying of course for
anything beyond a toy implementation, but hopefully
I'm being understandable).

I looked into implementing a Warren Abstract Machine
(WAM) in Squeak a few years back and abandoned it when
my time got constrained:  I wanted to be able to write
Prolog code and do some rule-based programming.  Is
this necessary for functional, or is there some other
way of doing unification?

Ranjan