Wanna do something?

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Mon Jun 19 19:34:07 UTC 2000

At 14:25 18.06.00 -0400, Bob Arning wrote:

>I would be interested in better understanding:
>
>1. How many such methods would be moved elsewhere.
>2. How great the savings would be for one who wanted to shrink their image.
>3. Whether those savings could be gotten another (perhaps easier) way.
>4. How much less readable code that would need to be rewrittwen would be.

Well, the short answer is, I don't know.  However for stripping down an
image, all that smallish methods add up (I like that backpack argument),
especially if the've long, non-polymorphic names.

I agree that we shouldn't forget the comfort of using conversion methods.

Perhaps this would be a compromise

String >> encodeForHTTP
   ^ HTMLformatter encodeForHTTP: self

This way, one could remove most of the implementation (risking only a
dangling reference to class HTMLformatter) and still keep the ease of use.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust \\ Truth Until Paradox