Linux VM 2.8 howto?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Jun 23 15:46:27 UTC 2000

In message <39533DE9.41C67EA6 at heeg.de> you wrote:

> The result is a long list of undefined references, starting out with
> "LargeIntegers_primDigitBitOr" which is referenced from sqNamedPrims.c.
> Who knows what's going on here?
For some reason I have not been able to persuade  linux to build a vm
with the largeinteger stuff built-in to the vm. Everything else worked
ok!

Re-generate the vm code, but comment out the line 'LargeItegers' in the
Interpreter class>translate:doInlining:forBrowser: (or something like
tat). Your vm should now bulid ok.
Also evaluate 'LargeIntegers translate' and put the resultant .c file in
a directroy 'LargeIntegers and do the make reconfig / make thing to
produce an external plugin for it.

Like I said, I hav no idea how come it will work as an external but not
internal!

tim
Computers talk to each other worse than their designers do.