Another possible use for drag-and-drop...

russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com
Tue Jun 27 12:41:57 UTC 2000

Mark Mayfield <mmayfield at ev1.net> wrote:
> Russell...
>
> When you Command-Tab out of full screen mode on the Mac I assume you
> don not have the Mac's menu bar???

Usually when you command-tab out of full screen mode on the Mac the menu
exists, but is invisible (try clicking where you think it should be and
it should still work :)

Command-tabbing through multiple running applications will (usually)
redraw the menu.

Actually, I have on occasion ended up with:

	* Another program without the menu bar
	* Squeak with the menu bar (in full screen - the menu bar is there but
doesn't work); and
	* part of the menu bar there and part not

This can be great fun when bored.  More to the point, when
command-tabbing out of full screen squeak into the Finder, open windows
will reappear, but stuff on the desktop (such as the trashcan) won't;
which is why Greg's Browser is useful.

:)
Russell

> If that's the case then I can see why this browser would do the trick.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
>
> >Mark Mayfield <mmayfield at ev1.net> wrote:
> >>  Greetings...
> >>
> >>  Each and every day I'm finding new ways to bring my work into the
> >>  Squeak environment. I like nothing more than starting Squeak, then
> >>  setting its appearance to "full screen on" and saying good-bye to my
> >>  computer's windowing system. However, when I need to move files
> >>  around I then have to turn off the full screen and go use the Finder
> >>  (the Mac's file manager).
> >
> >Hi Mark,
> >
> >Another option which I use is to install Greg's Browser
> >(http://www.kaleidoscope.net/greg/) and then use the Command-Tab
> >combination to move between the full-screen Squeak and the Browser.  It
> >works for me.
> >
> >Though of course I would love to do it in Squeak...
> >
> >:)
> >Russell

Russell Allen

russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com