Updating Squeak Image To 2.9alpha?

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Tue Jun 13 18:02:51 UTC 2000

Conrad Taylor <conradwt at yahoo.com> asked...
>Hi, does one have to update the 2.8a image to 2.9a
>image after receiving the change-sets?  At this time,
>I answered yes to the question for 2.9alpha during
>the update process.

No, you do not.

If you choose NO, then that image is marked as 2.8.  As various bug fixes get posted, updating will bring those fixes into your 2.8, but it will not pick up all the less tested stuff going out to 2.9alpha.  2.8 is destined to be released with only bug fixes in a couple of weeks.

Having answered yes, you will continue to get the bitter along with the sweet whenever you update.

	- Dan