68k Mac version of Squeak

Andrew P. Black apb at cse.ogi.edu
Thu Jun 8 07:33:34 UTC 2000

>"Andrew P. Black" <apb at cse.ogi.edu> wrote...
>>Is there a 68k version of the Squeak VM?  Or would it be too slow
>>to be useful?
>
>The one I posted on May 26 to the 2.8 folder at UIUC
>(SqueakVM2.8beta.sea.bin) should run fine on the 68K.

Ah, thanks, Dan.  I didn't looks at 2.8, only at 2.7.  (I'm not
really a test pilot).
Should my 2.7 images run OK on 2.8?

>Too slow?  Depends on the speed of your 68K.
>Faster than the simulator anyhow ;-).

And faster than hand calculation too 8-}}

(I decided to take an old 68040 Duo to ECOOP, because my G3 PowerBook
is such a behemoth.  On most tasks, it doesn't seem to be much slower
-- but then it's running older (and less wasteful?) software.

	Andrew