-memory:32

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sat Jun 17 15:45:57 UTC 2000

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000 10:36:50 -0500 "Eric Arseneau" <eat at huv.com> wrote:
>I am trying to boost the amount of memory that Squeak has in a 2.7 VM.  If I
>add -memory:32 to the command line, Squeak does not start.  I've tried 16,
>still the same thing.  If I place an entry in the Squeak.ini file for
>Memory=, it does nothing.
>
>How do I increase the amount of memory that Squeak can use ?

Eric,

You didn't specify you OS. If it's windoze, here is a note from last year. Note the "[note the space]".

Cheers,
Bob

10/14/99	Raab, Andreas	RE: [HELP] Assigning more memory to the VM

You can assign memory by using the switch
	-memoy: MB
[note the space] e.g., if you start Squeak by

Squeak -memory: 32 Squeak.image

you'll have 32MB of memory available.

  Andreas