Refactor browsers (Re: Wanna do something?)

John Duncan jddst19+ at pitt.edu
Sun Jun 18 20:14:34 UTC 2000

Yes, but very slowly and incrementally, from bottom up.  I was hoping to
provide a command pattern interface to the base and allow others to add the
functionality to the browser as they need.  But my first job is test.
(Actually my first job is my day job.  Then comes test.)  I want to
eliminate ambiguity from the vw version and also understand how I can factor
out the platform dependencies between the versions.  Then, with all that
solved, you'll see me add the functionality into the whisker browser while
others can add it to the regular browsers.

This all depends on continued existence of free time under my new job.  It's
also hard to work against a moving target, so when I finish test I'm going
to take the most readily available release and implement it there.  So by
the time I'm done, it may take some effort to bring the code into the newer
versions.  There are other important things to handle, i.e., namespaces.
Even VW/BR haven't figured these problems out.

-John