[Q] Using FFI to call standard Windows dialogs

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Fri Jun 30 02:26:22 UTC 2000

Hi Folks.

I was experimenting with FFI on my Windows NT box and I kept crashing my
image (virtual memory dumps).  Can anybody help me with this call?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Win32Shell>>
shellPrintDialog: aHWND
    "Win32Shell new shellPrintDialog: Win32Window getFocus"

    <apicall: bool 'PrintDlgA' (Win32Window) module: 'comdlg32.dll'>
    ^self externalCallFailed

I'm trying to launch the print dialog.

Thanks for your thoughts!

---==> Chris

PS>  And my next question is, of course, how do I get a document to print
once I've got the dialog launching from Squeak (e.g. how do I provide the
dialog with a document to print?)...