How do I add a new page to the Swiki

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Sun Jun 4 02:59:53 UTC 2000

On Sat, 3 Jun 2000, Mike Rutenberg wrote:

> I am a bit confused.  I think I understand the directions at
> 	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/330
> for adding a new Swiki page, but it doesn't seem to work.

It's not your fault, the info on that page was mostly out-of-date and
incorrect.  To prevent other newcomers from tripping up on this, I updated
the page so that it hopefully now has useful directions.

(Here's the new text I added:)

Create a page link from an existing Swiki page. Do this by editing an
existing Swiki page, and then add some text of your own with a link to the
name of your new page, surrounded by asterisks. For example, if you decide
to name your page "My New Page", you would enter *My New Page* somewhere
in the text of the existing page to be linked from.

After you've saved this existing page, a "[create]" link will appear next
to your new page name. Click on this link, and you will be able to edit
the text of your new Swiki page.

- Doug Way
  dway at mat.net