Morphic slowdown in 2.8a was:Re: [BUG][FIX]B3DScanner

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Tue Jun 27 07:46:45 UTC 2000

Karl Ramberg wrote:

> Fixed this my self:-)
> It's awfully slow though. I think the Balloon3DSceneExplorer was
> snappier before. Maybe Andreas hardware acceleration made my old hardware
> a little older ?

Karl,

I've seen a quite noticeable slowdown/loss of responsiveness in morphic
after jumping from 2158 to 2344 (the final 2.8a).

In particular,the minimize button in the SystemWindow title bar reacts
terribly slowly on mouseDown, but there is a general effect in the same
direction.

The problem is it's terribly hard to do a MessageTally and hunt these things
down, with both events and double buffering in the equation.

Henrik