[ENH][Celeste] custom filter move

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jun 14 09:14:47 UTC 2000

Goodness, how many custom filters do you have?  I tend to have about
10-20--one for each list--and so no subset is really useful.

Incidentally, there are other ways to filter thinsg than the named
custom filters.  First, filtering based on from and subject is already
pretty easy, because you can click on one candidate message and the
supplied filter is usually correct.  Second, it would be quite nice to
have a "mailing list" filter which acts similarly.  Most messages on a
mailing list have the name of hte mailing list in the header somewhere,
under something like X-Mailing-List.  If Celeste could grok this header
like it does From and Subject, then most of my custom filters would
disappear.  I'm sure others would see the same thing.

Finally, it's already pretty easy already to select a filter and then do
move-all.  Along the lines you are discussing, how about just having the
top option in the "move all" menu be the name of the filter that is
currently selected?

-Lex