attachment problem - from: When in doubt, try it out...

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Fri Jun 9 16:45:16 UTC 2000

Mats Nygren <nygren at sics.se> wrote...
>as you would have guessed I want to take look at Dan I's work. The
>attachment has a .gz so gunzip comes to mind. The text pane of the
>file lister looks as follows:

>(This file must be converted with BinHex 4.0)
>:&80[ [snip]
>uncompress says (something equivalent to) this is not a gzipped file.
>
>I guess this is a problem with different Squeak-ports. I'm running on
>Linux. I received the attachment with Celeste. (what else is there?)
>It seems most people are using Mac's and whateverItIsCalledYouKnowTheOne.
>So what do I do?
>
>Perhaps someone can make this available in another form somewhere. I
>dont usually have problems with attachments gzipped or not.

I'm sorry.  I was just trying to be a good citizen by compressing the file first in order to get around line-wrap and character conversion problems in attachments, plus speeding download by 4x.

I just thought you would be able to use 'view decompressed' or 'decompress to file' in the good old Squeak fileList.

	- Dan