Squeak, NT, CGI and Microsofts web server?

Peter William Lount peter at smalltalk.org
Sat Jun 17 16:14:08 UTC 2000

Hi,

Of course...

I found this option on the PC version. Does anyone know where I can find it
on the UNIX version of Squeak?

Thanks,

Peter

----------
From: Stefan Matthias Aust <sma at 3plus4.de>
To: peter at smalltalk.org; Squeak Mail List <squeak at cs.uiuc.edu>
Subject: re: Squeak, NT, CGI and Microsofts web server?
Date: June 17, 2000 4:23 AM

At 17:16 16.06.00 -0700, Peter William Lount wrote:

>There are some other problems that I have with PWS on unix. The X-windows
>mouse must be in the main squeak x-window and moving otherwise the PWS
>freezes up! Not good. Also when submitting a form it has to be submitted
>twice and of course two requests are processed - not good. Any ideas?

<grin> Long live polling!  That's because the VM tries to be very clever
and thinks it can reduce processor cycles if there's no interactive input.

I think, there's a command line option to switch this off.  At least the
Windows VM has a F2-menu option for this.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf