[ANN] ObjectWeb - a wiki using Squeak Morphs

Roger Whitney whitney at cs.sdsu.edu
Thu Jun 29 03:36:35 UTC 2000

ObjectWeb is a wiki where the pages are Squeak morphs. ObjectWeb pages are
created by adding morphs to a PasteUpMorph. So almost anything one can
create with standard morphs can added to a ObjectWeb page.

ObjectWeb was developed as a course project in an XP workshop at UIUC
taught by Ralph Johnson and myself, with John Sarkela acting as our XP
customer. For more information about ObjectWeb see:
http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/cs497rej/ObjectWebOverview.

Or you can skip the instructions and download the change sets at:
ftp://rohan.sdsu.edu/faculty/whitney/XPCourse/currentBuild/ReleaseFiles/

ObjectWeb is similar to MuSwiki from Georgia Tech, but with some
interesting differences. ObjectWeb uses http. As a result one can view gif
versions of most ObjectWeb pages via html browsers including Scamper. There
is an ObjectWeb server running at http://objectmanifold.dyndns.org:8888.
All pages at that site except the CatchMike and FreeCellClientCreate demos
can be views with a html browser.

We have an ObjectWeb browser running in Netscape & IE using the Squeak
plugin. It makes Netscape/IE a lot more dynamic. I am headed out of town
for a week and plan to put the plugin version on the ftp site when I get
back.

Currently ObjectWeb only runs in Squeak 2.7. Hopefully we can get it ported
to a more current version of Squeak in the fall.

Roger Whitney              Mathematical & Computer Sciences Department
whitney at cs.sdsu.edu        San Diego State University
http://www.eli.sdsu.edu/   San Diego, CA 92182-7720
(217) 328-0824
(619) 594-3535