[updates] On beyond 2.8

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Tue Jun 13 06:49:29 UTC 2000

Folks -

As I foretold earlier, we have now ended the 2.8alpha stream of updates.  The last of these (#2342) lets you choose whether your image will be marked as 2.8 or 2.9alpha.  There will be separate update streams for each of these, with 2.8 recieving only relatively safe bug fixes.

2.8 will hopefully rest in a stable condition with occasional bug fixes over the next two weeks, at which time we will perform the usual ministrations of a proper release (condense changes, clean up organizations, etc), and then make it officially available with matching VMs for all platforms.

Enjoy
	- Dan
-----------------------
2336skipAnySubStr-BJP -- Bijan Parsia -- 12 June 2000
russell.allen at firebirdmedia.com wrote:
	When I try to do:
	'A reference to <A HREF=""someurl"">Copyright Act 1968</A>?> '
	findBetweenSubStrs: {'<A HREF=""' . '"">' . '</A>'}
	I get an error: Subscript is out of bounds.
I tracked it down. It's actually a bug in String>>findAnySubStr:startingAt: It doesn't check that the substr you're trying to match would actually *fit* into the receiver starting at the
startingAt:. Nor does it trap the overflow when it happens. Your example exposed it because your first substr is size 9, and a match is attempted at position 52 of a size 58 str.

2337CelesteAcceptFix-sge -- Steve Elkins -- 12 June 2000
This tiny change prevents a NonBoolean receiver walkback,
generated (as it should be) from PluggableTextMorph>>accept.
To see the bug, make sure either no message or no category
(and hence no message) is selected, then type something into
Celeste's message pane and accept it."

2338dndFix-mir -- Michael Rueger -- 12 June 2000
Fix free cell and the DoubleClickExample to work with the latest dnd update"

2339DateFix-rca

2340DoMacCFMTerminate -- johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com -- 12 June 2000
This changeSet intentionally left blank.

2341CelesteSetPatch -- Dan Ingalls -- 12 June 2000
DV's tailored PluggableSets never got included in the Celeste enhancements that use them.
These two methods should enable Celeste to operate until that code is added.

2342advanceVersion -- Dan Ingalls -- 12 January 2000
This update offers the choice to advance the Squeak version number for the purpose of continuing to retrieve updates for Release 2.8 and 2.9alpha and beyond.