Ship it with Squeak

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Mon Jun 26 21:21:27 UTC 2000

douglas at winetech.com wrote:
> 4. Not even an obvious ability to store 100 megabytes on BTrieve-like files.
Well, my Celeste message file is 77MB, and works quite fine, thanks to a
pretty simple index file. Don't know what you mean precisely by
"BTrieve-like files" (Squeakhas neither BTrieve compatible classes nor
an emulation, AFAIK). What are your requirements?

Do you need a simple data store or do you need a database (multiple
users, security, transactions, recovery...)?

Just curious.

>If your dataset is so small simply put everything into the image. Why
>mess around with external files if Squeak can handle 4 GB ?
Maybe he wants the image to finish loading in his life time... ;-)
Nice idea though...

Daniel