[VM Win32] vmPath

Lantz Rowland lantz at aabysgallery.com
Thu Jun 22 20:44:50 UTC 2000

As a result of discussion of a "standard location" folder for distributing
Plugins, I discovered this difference between the path Strings returned
from two messages.

Smalltalk imageName.  "<primitive: 121> Correct"
    'C:\Lantz\Djgpp\Squeak\zLImg\zLSq2-9a\Squeak2-9a.image'

Smalltalk vmPath.  "<primitive: 142> QDos name"
    'C:\LANTZ\DJGPP\SQUEAK\'

The capitalization of the imageName String is correct. It matches the names
I used to make the folders and how their names appear in both Squeak and my
bash shell [1] . I would prefer that the vmPath returned the same LFN style
information.

I understand that both the QDos and LFN information exists . If there is an
issue with this changing I am curious, perhaps there could be a new message .

Lantz

[1] Ok, actually in bash 'C:\Lantz\Djgpp' == '~'

Smalltalk version .   " ==> 'Squeak2.9alpha of 16 June 2000' "
Smalltalk lastUpdateString .   " ==> 'latest update: #2426' "
Smalltalk getVMVersion .  " ==> 'Squeak2.8alpha of 16 February 2000 [latest
update: #2205]' "
Smalltalk platformName .  " ==>  'Win32' "

--
   Lantz Rowland <lantz at aabysgallery.com>  PgpKey: 0x67E5DFA5
   Think Different!    Think Vital!