Cursor = Focus

Karl Goiser squeak at wattle.net
Mon Jun 19 06:53:32 UTC 2000

Hello,

I'm just starting out on Squeak and cannot help but notice that the
focus follows the cursor around.  In my opinion, this is a very bad
thing causing the following problems among others:

For example, if I select a piece of text for copying and pasting, but
move the cursor out of the window the text is in before the copy, it
will not happen - and I will be surprised when I paste something else
into the new loaction.

Also, if the mouse goes out of the window I'm typing into, what I
type will disappear.

Also, if I have multiple fields for editing, as in BobsUI, the focus
indication will be very unpredictable from my point of view.

Is this a 'feature' or a bug?

Has anybody looked at it and changed it to the way it should work?

Any suggestions on how to change it?

Any comments?

Thanks,

Karl