Windows CE and minimal image

Josh Flowers joshflowers at mac.com
Fri Jun 2 07:32:07 UTC 2000

> I have had the same problem getting Squeak running on a Vadem Clio w/32MB
> RAM and a 64MB FlashRam card.  In my case, I have all of Squeak in "\Storage
> Card1\Squeak\".  Putting everything on the main memory (root) drive works
> fine as mentioned before.
>
> I know very little yet about Squeak but have been able to determine (I
> think) that the attempt to load the .image file when it is anyplace *other
> than* the root dir of the main memory results in a "\S" (literally, I'm not
> using C conventions) being prepended to the filename of the image file.
>
> Now I just need to learn enough to *fix* it.

O.K., I've had some troubles posting to the mailing list lately, but
enough is enough.  Here's a quick change set (what's the difference between
a change set and a file in?) that should fix the problem people are having
under WindowsCE.  Essentially Squeak assumes that any Windows OS is going
to prepend a drive letter and : to the path, which CE does not.  This
causes any number of problems, including not being able to find .source
files, or file in change sets.

By the way, is anyone else running Squeak on a Clio?  I've got the exact
same setup, and it runs beautifully.  No need to even shrink the image.