[Q] Using FFI to call standard Windows dialogs

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Fri Jun 30 10:41:27 UTC 2000

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000 Torsten.Bergmann at phaidros.com wrote:

> >It's easier because someone implemented WINAPI and PRINTDLG classes
> >before. You can do the same in Squeak. If you have too much time, that is.
>
> Yes - I would like to see a WINAPI keyword (and a MACAPI, UNIXAPI, ...)
> in Squeak.

Go ahead, write one ;-)
Still, I'd guess WINAPI is no keyword but a class in MT.

> It is true that the PRINTDLG Structure is predefined. But MT has a
> structure generator for easy defining an appropriate structure class.
> The only thing you have to do is to copy and paste the C structure
> from the MSDN documentation and run the generator.

That's easy in Squeak, too. Just write a C struct parser that creates the
field def array.

> The only thing I disklike on MT is that I can rotate Win32 windows ;)

By turning your monitor upside down ;-)

-- Bert