Full Size Screen Shots -- Was: [GOODIE] New look for MVC

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Thu Jun 8 12:41:46 UTC 2000

=> 6/8/00 6:00:14 AM EDT, JArchibald at aol.com =>
<< ... building a Swiki screen with the full size images in place
     http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/Squeak.1525 >>

All--

Well, I've done as much as I can today (sort of like making mud pies). I
would appreciate it if someone with high-speed internet connection could take
a quick look at this to make sure I haven't unwittingly committed some
substantial faux pas. (I have modem connection and sub- 28.8 Kb performance
establishes a certain cautious style of updating. I may easily have missed
something that would be obvious to someone who sees it load rapidly.)

Page is titled "Full Size Screen Shots", and is located at the above URL.

I was able to make a number of simplifications and correct a few bugs (it
looks to me like the PDA shots and Cheese were plunked down in the middle of
Customized Squeak <between 3 and 4>). Also, I numbered the entries (in HTML
comments) to help with future synchronization between 683 and 1525.

I will be happy to retrofit these simplifications, corrections, and
annotations to the original page 683. But I, at least, should let a day pass
so that right foot is on ground before I start moving the left foot around
too much. If anybody else wants to attempt updating 683, please be my guest,
but I'll be glad to do it if nobody else tries.

I think we should try to get references for _all_ of these screen shots.
There were a couple that I immediately wanted to follow up on that did not
provide links to where code (or other necessities) were located. There are
also a couple of links that are broken or never had a full size image
reference; we should try to obtain repairs for these cases.

Also, I think it would be nice (for both page 683 and 1525) to group these
shots meaningfully. I.e., MVC shots with MVC shots, Morphic with Morphic,
Mini systems (PDAs and Embedded), Tailoring of Environment, Applications
Using, or some such organization. Opinions from others?

I am quite open to suggestions. But it is a Swiki. If you feel you want to
fix it up yourself, I'm not putting any stake in the ground. Go ahead, have
fun!

Cheers (and I hope this is of some value),
Jerry.

Jerry L. Archibald
systemObjectivesIncorporated