[FIX] Re: [BUG] ps printing of bookmorph

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Wed Jun 14 12:35:17 UTC 2000

At 11:40 14.06.00 +0200, Baveco,  Hans wrote:
>Just reporting this problem: when trying to postcript-print a BookMorph
>(e.g. Torsten Bergmann's Squeak bookmorph or home-made ones) I run into an
>error.

Yes, you found an error.

>It appears that aColorForm executes
>         "storeBits:startBit to:stopBit on:aStream
>                 bits storeBits:startBit to:stopBit on:aStream."
>
>         where bits is aByteArray that apparently does not understand
>#storeBits:to:on:
>         (the only other class implementing this method is Bitmap)

THis is because the image that is attempted to be postscript printed, is
still hibernated and needs to unhibernated first.  I've attached a fix
which should fix the problem, however I'm running now in memory
problems.  Can't this damn program not automatically make use of my 256 MB
of RAM!?  And can somebody _please_ fix the lowspace handler?!  Grrr.

BTW, both Torsten's overview and the Play-with-me-4 document looks
completely broken - at least when viewed with Ghostscript 6.  I think, this
is because it wrongly guesses the font size.  But that's probabaly another
problem, at least the form images are now working.

bye