Syntax & Sematics [was: Re: [Enough already] Re: Proposal3:

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Tue Jun 6 03:16:30 UTC 2000

Now that answer seems to be simple. Just have it file out a 'canonical'
syntax and view it with whatever preferences you want. You want assignment
as a left-arrow?! Here you go. You want blocks use braces?! Here you go. Now
that might be a problem for those Emacs users but honestly, I don't care too
much for them... In fact, it would probably be relatively simple to allow a
'C++ style' or a 'Java style' or a 'Python style' as long as the underlying
semantics is not too different. And even then you could simply forbid
certain things (like inner classes) and extend it the language style with
certain required features (like blocks). Mind you, we're talking about how
the system 'looks' not how it 'feels' ;-)

  - Andreas