PluggableListMorph

Eric Arseneau eat at huv.com
Sun Jun 18 14:39:15 UTC 2000

> > I am looking for a morph that takes in a list of objects, and
> has a setting
> > for a printBlock.  This way I can have a list of objects and not have to
> > deal with indexes or strings.  As this been done ?  If not is there any
> > problems to adding support of this to the PluggableListMorph ?  Or is
> > totally against the paradigm.
>
> Eric,
>
> Can you explain what you're after a little bit more?

Currently, the list morph takes in an array of strings to display.  The
morph gets the current selection from the model as index, and the morph
passes the changed selection using an index as well.

Is there a list morph which works by taking in an array of arbitrary
objects.  The list morph also has either a print block, or a print selector,
which is used to get the string representation of the objects in the list
morph.  The model sends or receives the actual objects selected, rather than
the index of the objects.  Hope this is less ambiguous.