Code management system

David M.Siegel dsiegel at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 9 16:13:54 UTC 2000

Ranjan Bagchi wrote:

> The thing which I liked the most about the ENVY
> environment is that they'd done a really robust O-O
> analysis of code management (Editions, Versions, etc).

They've done a _terrible_ analysis of code management.
Why do you need applications, subapplications and configuration
maps, for example?  They should all be a single concept -- recursive,
conditional inclusion.

And their miserable, in your face, ownership design, which positively
encourages swapping user identities as you develop...

-dms