who's who on swiki

Aran Lunzer aran at meme.hokudai.ac.jp
Thu Mar 2 01:08:37 UTC 2000

> I don't think I did anything strange... I'm using Netscape 4.7 for
> SGI... I tend to have the character set preference on "Japanese"...
> er... what else might be relevant??

By checking using a PC I've found that it does seem to be a
character-set problem.  The text loaded into the text field when you ask
to edit is truncated at the o-umlaut in Goran Hultgren's entry.

Using the PC, I've rebuilt the list from the previous version.

In fact, the o-umlaut doesn't display correctly on any of the systems I
have here - Goran's name appears as `G " an'.  Is anyone else having
trouble with this kind of character?

(Sorry to have temporarily truncated you, Goran :-)

Aran
Aran Lunzer                 aran at bigfoot.com
Meme Media Laboratory       lab: +81 11 706 7262 / fax 7808
Hokkaido University
Sapporo 060-8628, JAPAN     http://ca.meme.hokudai.ac.jp/people/aran/