Plugin Security (was: RE: Squeak viruses (was Re: [VIRUSWARNING] Re: Check this))

Lawson English english at primenet.com
Fri Mar 3 07:52:55 UTC 2000

On Thu, Mar 2, 2000 11:24 PM, Dan Ingalls <mailto:Dan.Ingalls at disney.com>
wrote:
>"Mark van Gulik" <ghoul6 at home.com> wrote...
>>Here's a favorite attack of mine (pardon the VisualWorks 3.0 dialect - my
>>guess is this will work in Squeak).  Currently, it just determines the
>>address of an object, but with a little imagination...
>
>This is a good one -- thanks for the enlightenment!
>
>Obviously, become: should require compatible object memory formats
(pointer/bits/long/short info)
>for its two arguments.
>
>	- Dan ( wearing my almost-unused spoilsport hat ;-)

My hacker friend suggests that there are MANY avenues of attack available
via a Squeak plug-in, for what it is worth. I'll try to get him to reveal
his thinking a little more completely.

"If everyone lived with a sense of wonder, their lives would be filled with
joy."
-Last words of Doug Henning, 5/3/47 - 2/7/00