Screen damage logic

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Fri Mar 24 22:25:26 UTC 2000

At 11:07 24.03.00 +0100, you wrote:

>> You might want to see mouse events even if there were no movement,
>
>Well, then these should not be "mouseMove" events.  Is there a
>"mouseDragged" event?

I disagree with Bob (I think) and agree with Marcel.  As with Java, it
would be handy to get both mouseMove and mouseDrag events - but only if the
mouse is really moved.  It's otherwise the responsibility of the
application to use for example stepping if it needs continous ticks.

Real mouseMove events - that is if the mouse is moved with no button
pressed - could simplify some parts of morphic where now stepping and
polling is used to control the morph's behavior.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf.