On Schopenhauer and Market-driven code (Was Multimedia)

AGREE at CarltonFields.com AGREE at CarltonFields.com
Thu Mar 16 19:18:24 UTC 2000

> Actually, there are a couple of large Smalltalk projects in > Cleveland that
> I'm certain need additional Smalltalkers.

I know two (2) of my clients that are software consulting companies whose primary expertise is Smalltalk development.  They never once flinched when I expressed surprise, and they seem to hire quite a few programmers.  As to their success, I have twice toasted one of them at the Tampa "Fast 50" balls, so they are certainly generating revenue.

It is possible that Tampa is the only such market, but I'd be stunned if that were the case.