Meta-Levels (was: Squeak viruses )

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Fri Mar 3 13:19:12 UTC 2000

Doesn't this essentially boil down to "declarative Smalltalk"?

So as a rough approximation, you would have:

1.	Declarative Smalltalk without I/O for Applets
2.	Declarative Smalltalk for most programming tasks
3.	Fully reflective Smalltalk where declarative Smalltalk is lacking

which might even be a rough first approximation of the various
levels of meta-access described by Alan.  For developers, the fences
between the levels should be noticable but easily and comfortably
surmountable.  For applets, they need to be absolutely impenetrable,
but I think that they are essentially the same fences.

Marcel