[Q] Where is Publish-Subscribe - Event Dispatching andTriggering

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sat Mar 11 16:22:01 UTC 2000

>I'm very glad to see that you have included when/send/to events.
>I would like to suggest that we add the class
>
>Class: EventManager
>Superclass: Object
>InstanceVariables: 'myEvents'
>
>instance methods
>    myEvents
>    myEvents: anEventDictionary

The framework was written in a way to allow exactly this kind of extension
but I'm strongly against that name.  Any class called "manager" rings alarm
bells in my head because often that kind of class is a sign of bad design.
This time, it's not bad design but just a bad name because that class is an
optimization for event processing, something that would better fit into a
general "Model" class if there wouldn't already be a bloaded class with the
same name.

So what's about EventModel as a compromise?

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf.