[Q] executing SOME compiledMethod (classless)

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Fri Mar 31 13:51:03 UTC 2000

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 15:28:05 +0200 "Peter Novak" <pno at whitestein.com> wrote:
>I need to execute some compiled method which doesn't belong to ANY class. We
>need something like executing SOME byteCode without having it installed in
>any class.

Peter,

It's not really clear what you want here. One question is: who would be the receiver of the method context (i.e. to what object would <self> refer in your method)? If you have a receiver, then the receiver *will* have a class. If you don't have a receiver, then I imagine things would break all over the place. Perhaps you could explain a little more about why you don't want it to belong to ANY class. If you don't want to add the method to an existing class, what about creating a class just for this purpose and deleting it afterwards?

Cheers,
Bob