[VM] 1929FastPrimFailures: SystemDictionary>>setNewPluginSessionID

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Sun Mar 26 17:16:07 UTC 2000

Interpreter>>setNewPluginSessionID
	"Set a new plugin session ID forcing all external prims to be
reloaded."
	"Note: That's not sufficient to reload already loaded external
modules,
	because they are cached!"
	"Method cache has to be flushed, since there is some 'cheating' in
	Interpreter..."
	pluginSessionID _ pluginSessionID + 1.
	self flushMethodCache

SystemDictionary>>setNewPluginSessionID
	"Primitive. Install a new session ID for any external plugins.
	Must be done by a primitive to avoid interruption by a process
	at higher priority. If the primitive is successful all external
	primitives will be reloaded upon next invokation."
	<primitive: 570>
	"Do nothing if the primitive fails for compatibility with older VMs"

I think a warning similar to the note in
	Interpreter>>setNewPluginSessionID
should also be in
	SystemDictionary>>setNewPluginSessionID
!

Another point: I think it is better to replace
	"Do nothing if the primitive fails for compatibility with older VMs"
by an error popup showing something like
	'Not supported by this VM!'
or just by
	^self primitiveFailed
. This would be more bullet proof.