[BUG?] UnixFileDirectory

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Mar 21 17:32:45 UTC 2000

"David Pennell" <dpennell at quallaby.com> wrote:

> FileDirectory forFileName: 'foo',FileDirectory slash,'bar.txt', you get
> 'foo'
>
> If you run the same command on Unix, you get '/foo'.

A alternative way to do this is:

	| directory file |
	directory := FileDirectory default directoryNamed: 'foo'.
	file := directory readOnlyFileNamed: 'bar.txt'

The only thing is, I just realized that there is no #directoryNamed: in
the current image.  Hmmm, this seems to work:

	directoryNamed: directoryName
		"open the directory given by directoryName, with directoryName
interpreted relative to the receiver"
		^FileDirectory on: (self fullNameFor: directoryName)

Lex