Has anyone implemented CORBA? First Steps

Ranjan Bagchi ranjan_bagchi at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 20:25:38 UTC 2000

If anyone's interested in doing this, I'm reading
through the source code for Fnorb
(http://www.dstc.edu.au/Products/Fnorb) to get an idea
of the parts necessary for an implementation of CORBA.
 Fnorb's a Python ORB, and as such the code's pretty
readable.  Certainly more so than the C++ or Java
versions.  Hopefully I'm not stepping on anyone's toes
doing it this way.

I'd love it if anyone'd help me put together a roadmap
for the implementation.

I've also read "JacORB: Implementation and Design of a
Java ORB."  They point out that there's a surprising
amount of code involved in writing an IDL "compiler",
so the suggestion of putting the IDL compiler
implementation off seems like point well taken.

Ranjan