HandMorph mega mail

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Mar 24 17:59:54 UTC 2000

Stephan Rudlof <sr at evolgo.de> wrote:>
> > For example, it's the hand that decides whether a Morph should be able to
> > handle an event, calculating priorities for a Morph & its submorphs instead
> > of delegating this, and so on. It seems backward to me, and causes a lot of
> > isKindOf:s.
>
> Bad!

Well, the hand asks all morphs under the current location if they want
the event.  Then, if more than one morph wants it, the hand chooses
which one wins.  So the hand doesn't just decide all by itself.

Anyway, I'm all for cleaning up a 230-selector class.  But let's do
it well.  And let's not make major functionality changes without a
good reason.

-Lex