Pluginised VM seems to work quite well

agree at carltonfields.com agree at carltonfields.com
Fri Mar 10 17:39:11 UTC 2000

I'll second lex's motion on this.  It does, however, raise some new issues.  There will be an immediate proliferation of plugins, and with it the risk for naming conflicts.  Additionally, keeping track of all those files raises distribution issues.

Consider the following:

	(1) we should probably adopt some protocol for taking names out of the module namespace -- perhaps as simple as a swiki list of plugins in alphabetical order -- key system primitives, such as Tim's ought to have a particular naming convention so they can be manipulate and viewed on masse;
	(2) we should probably adopt some convention to use a blessed directory, say "Plugins" in the VM directory, for storing plugins (with the usual other places also in the search path); and;
	(3) we should probably think about formalizing the installation process to cater to these distributions.