On Schopenhauer and Market-driven code (Was Multimedia)

Jarvis, Robert P. (Contingent) Jarvisb at timken.com
Thu Mar 16 17:45:27 UTC 2000

I'm aware of one or two places but they have the standard "gotta have two or
more years of paid VA or VW experience" requirement which I lack, my
Smalltalk experience being limited to unpaid, do-it-cuz-I-love-it stuff with
Visual Smalltalk, Dolphin, or Squeak.  Plus I'm of an age now where the
possibility of burnout may cause potential employers to be wary.  (Did I
mention that my favorite Dilbert character is Wally? :-)  On the bright
side, perhaps I haven't gotten burned out on Smalltalk precisely because it
is a labor of love.  Who can say?  :-)

Bob Jarvis
Compuware @ Timken