Screen damage logic

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Fri Mar 24 07:45:27 UTC 2000

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Doug Way wrote:

> I looked into it a bit, and it looks like mouseMove events are generated
> all the time, as you say.  I'm not sure why this is really necessary.

It probably would be better if those repeated events were suppressed. But
currently, the "auto repeat" function as well as double click logic
depends on these events. Try clicking on the scrollbar arrows or the
DoubleClickMorph ...

> This fix should fix the close box problem you mention.

I'm not seeing the "close box problem". I changed the "hard preference"
in PasteUpMorph>>displayWorld to

	(Preferences valueOfFlag: #flashDamageRects) ifTrue: [
		"*set this flag to flash damaged areas for testing*"
		"Preferences enable: #flashDamageRects"
		self flashRects: allDamage color: Color black].

[Could we agree on this?]

I cannot see any flashing while pressing the close button.

  -Bert-