[Bug][Fix] Unicode characters in HtmlParser

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Mon Mar 13 18:08:08 UTC 2000

At 08:56 13.03.00 +0100, you wrote:
>On Sun, 12 Mar 2000, Stefan Matthias Aust wrote:

>In "my" encoding (which is what the Unix VM uses for keyboard and
>clipboard mapping) all characters that are both in ISO-8859-1 and Squeak

Please don't feel offended.  Perhaps I didn't chose the right words.
Still, "your" encoding - be it used by the Unix VM or not - is IMHO not
correct.  Is there really a difference between "Mac" and "MacRoman"
encoding?  If I look at ComicPlain, it seems that this font has the
"MacRoman" encoding.  The "NewYork" font is very incomplete.

You argument that you want to reverse the conversion in one single table is
well taken and I think, I should change that back again.  It's probably
more important then to try to map missing characters to similar ascii
characters as I did now.

>Also note that Andreas' WinToMacTable was only used privately in
>TTFontReader, while isoToSqueak is a general Character/String conversion
>method.

Yes, therefore I changed the TTFontReader to also use that global table.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf.