Swiki: no-cache and <pre>

John Clonts jclonts at mastnet.net
Thu Mar 2 19:36:16 UTC 2000

Lex Spoon wrote:

> John Clonts <jclonts at mastnet.net> wrote:
> > 1) Getting rid of "Pragma no-cache".
> > 2) How to honor <pre>, so that text is not double-spaced.
>
> #1 is a quite intentional feature.  Otherwise, you don't get the most
> recent version of a page.

AFAICT it is a "within the last few months" feature, which has made the
Swiki less friendly to me.  I hope that the decision to implement it was
surrounded by an open and considered debate as to its desireability.
Isn't there a <cache-expire="in 10 minutes"> tag, even?

> #2 is addressed by the general purpose <html> tag.  <html>, on a
> ComSwiki, means that the following text should be left completely alone
> and just dumped to the browser.  (Well, perhaps it still does some
> things.  But it doesn't insert <br>'s at the end of each line).
> \

Ok, I didn't know that!

Cheers,
John