Proposal3: Make $_ a valid identifier character

Karl Goiser Lists at TassieMade.com.au
Tue May 30 04:50:00 UTC 2000

Hello,

I'll buy into this debate:

I can remember programming in an environment where '_' was used and
always going off to the documentation to find out where they belonged
because I could never remember!

Would you have Sequenceable_Collection or Sequenceable_collection?

In a world without '_''s, I can say the name of a class to somebody
and they would be able to have a pretty good idea of how it was
spelt, but if '_''s are included, they will never know the exact
spelling: BroadcastDate vs BroadcastDate or Broadcast_Date or
Broadcast_date.

What I'd really like is for the case significance of identifiers to
be relaxed.  If I write broadcastdate or Broadcastdate, the system
should know what I mean!

Karl