[BUG] redrawing the background

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sun May 14 04:08:37 UTC 2000

On Sat, 13 May 2000 22:47:59 -0400 Raymond Asselin <raymondasselin at sympatico.ca> wrote:
>Did somebody tried to open an image as background in a Morph project? The result
>was fine in Squeak 2.7 but now ugly in Squeak 2.8a 2098.  May something changed
>in the image?
>
>It seems to be the redrawing under a window which is the defect.

Raymond,

There was a change in PasteUpMorph>>pseudoDraw:on: to improve gradient fill backgrounds which, unfortunately, hurt image backgrounds. If you revert to the previous version of this method, images will work better, but I can't vouch for the gradients.

Interestingly enough, once you set an image background, certain world/appearance menu items start breaking:

- set gradient color will get a simple walkback
- set desktop color hangs it all up

While we are on this subject, has anyone tried making the desktop translucent? Whoa!

Cheers,
Bob