Squeak Doc...

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Sun May 14 08:26:27 UTC 2000

At 09:57 12.05.00 -0600, Edward P Luwish wrote:
>What I do, since I equate documentation with source code

I disagree with this statement.  IMHO documentation shall help to
understand the code and therefore need to reduce the complexity by
abstracting things (I can't express it better).  Just the code is always as
easy or as difficult to understand as, well, the code.

However, often, I don't care about the interna, I just what to know how to
use a method.  Even worse, looking at the code might let me use some
internal facts that the author never wanted to publish as they're subject
to change.

So looking at the code is a good way to work if you don't have good
documentation but eventually I always refer documentation to digging
through method sources.

Sorry for this rant :-)

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  ...dancing on the dark side of moon