[cs] celestetimezones

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue May 23 18:26:51 UTC 2000

What exactly does this do?  Append a user-specified timezone to outgoing
messages?

A better solution, IMNHO, is to have a VM facility for querying local
time and UTC time simultaneously.  I sent around patches along these
lines for Unix to get the discussion going, and even patched Celeste to
use it, but it didn't catch on.  Time management is a general Squeak
problem, and there seems to be an easy solution....  It just requires
someone who cares and has some time to deal with it.

-Lex